Hey I’m back with more dairy free goodies to make your day. Woooot! I wish I’d found something like this when Monkey was young. It would have made things soooooo much easier. This is another of those blogs I’ve posted over at You & Baby. I’ve posted a bunch of our favourite recipes and also some store bought dairy free snack ideas. Enjoy!
Just click on the (laughable) pic below to zoom you direct to the blog. And yes, I created this myself in paint. Laugh away. I know I’m no graphic designer…don’t even show hints of talent.
You know I love a dairy free snack for Monkey. Found this recipe today and whipped it up in no time. Some tips from this end:
- Next time I would add ham for some extra protein and flavour. If I was going to skip the ham then I’d add mixed herbs and maybe seeds…something with more protein. I thought the end result was a little bland. Monkey however thought no such thing and scoffed them down.
- I used SR wholemeal flour and skipped the baking powder
- I used oat milk for our non dairy milk
- I only had frozen corn and peas so I grated carrot and cut up some beans nice and small. Grated zucchini would also be awesome (we didn’t have any to try)
- The mixture will seem very very dense. I was tempted to add more milk but held back and was glad I did. It didn’t need the extra liquid. Continue reading
I am no creative crafting genius. I suck at that stuff. I know I’m going to have to learn to be better as monkey gets older but anyway, for the moment I still suck at it. It turns out it doesn’t matter so much. I think I was over-complicating things. Little kiddies have still growing minds remember so they can be occupied by the smallest of things (no disrespect to your genius child of course). I finally got the message one day when I picked my son up from daycare and they had pictures of them all playing with different pasta shapes. They had this write up about how it was a great sensory exercise and that the kids enjoyed it for ages blah blah blah and it just kinda clicked in my head all of a sudden: I can do that sort of stuff too. And all the tools I need are in my cupboard and don’t require some complicated activity preparation. Woah. That’s a wee bit awesome. Continue reading
What’s for dinner at your place tonight? If you are looking for something that is easy to prepare + delicious + healthy then give these rissoles a try. I made them with lamb mince but they’d work just as well with beef or chicken mince. Whatever you have on hand would be a-ok.
They can be dairy free, gluten free AND egg free and STILL DELICIOUS! How awesome is that? My toddler loves them. Click on the pic and it will take you to my recipe post over at the You and Baby blog.