Dr Joshi’s Book.
If you’d asked me 2 weeks ago if I was going to do a detox anytime soon I would have just looked at you kinda funny. I had no intentions of doing this! But you know, things happen.
It all started last week when I decided to do a dairy elimination. The whole idea of it makes me want to cry quite frankly because, well, cheese. But, I get eczema and it has been around on and off throughout my life. It was pretty much gone when I fell pregnant but has come back in full force since the birth of Monkey which is uber annoying. I kept thinking that sooner or later it would go away again but no such luck.
Lately, with the warmer weather especially, it is been quite aggravating. So I figured since I got rid of Monkey’s eczema by eliminating dairy then maybe I should put my money where my mouth is and have a crack at it myself. So that was last Monday. All good. Continue reading
Image courtesy of AKARAKINGDOMS / FreeDigitalPhotos.net
I was reading a Facebook post the other day about a poor overweight mum whose little girl was told by another child at school that her mum is fat. That is super cruel and awful. It made the little girl really confused that someone would be so hurtful. She was very sad and the whole story was rather heartbreaking.
The woman, by her own admission, is overweight. In her case, a size 18. So what does that mean? Does it mean unhealthy? Well, it rarely ever means healthy. So what makes it unhealthy? If you can’t move well and therefore exercise because of the weight you are carrying around, that is unhealthy. If your body is suffering in any way because of the weight you are carrying around, that is unhealthy. If you are putting bad food and drink into your body on a regular basis, well that is unhealthy. Which is why it troubled me when I saw this comment:
Just tell ur fat and happy and good at dancing and most women are. So really fat is normal… Continue reading
You know I love a dairy free snack for Monkey. Found this recipe today and whipped it up in no time. Some tips from this end:
- Next time I would add ham for some extra protein and flavour. If I was going to skip the ham then I’d add mixed herbs and maybe seeds…something with more protein. I thought the end result was a little bland. Monkey however thought no such thing and scoffed them down.
- I used SR wholemeal flour and skipped the baking powder
- I used oat milk for our non dairy milk
- I only had frozen corn and peas so I grated carrot and cut up some beans nice and small. Grated zucchini would also be awesome (we didn’t have any to try)
- The mixture will seem very very dense. I was tempted to add more milk but held back and was glad I did. It didn’t need the extra liquid. Continue reading
What’s for dinner at your place tonight? If you are looking for something that is easy to prepare + delicious + healthy then give these rissoles a try. I made them with lamb mince but they’d work just as well with beef or chicken mince. Whatever you have on hand would be a-ok.
They can be dairy free, gluten free AND egg free and STILL DELICIOUS! How awesome is that? My toddler loves them. Click on the pic and it will take you to my recipe post over at the You and Baby blog.