A couple of months ago Monkey turned 2 (yes that’s how long it’s taken me to write this post. Whatevs).
I, quite proudly I might add, made him a rockin’ fire truck birthday cake which was no easy task given that last year I attempted to make a wheel and it looked more like a spaceship.
I made this!
I absolutely scoured the internet researching how to make this thing. I looked at squillions of pictures on Pinterest and I watched You Tube videos and I looked at a gazillion google images. I searched and searched for how to blogs but there where very few.
In the end I couldn’t find one exact cake that I wanted to make. Some looked ugly or stupid, some weren’t quite how I imagined fire trucks Continue reading
Hey I’m back with more dairy free goodies to make your day. Woooot! I wish I’d found something like this when Monkey was young. It would have made things soooooo much easier. This is another of those blogs I’ve posted over at You & Baby. I’ve posted a bunch of our favourite recipes and also some store bought dairy free snack ideas. Enjoy!
Just click on the (laughable) pic below to zoom you direct to the blog. And yes, I created this myself in paint. Laugh away. I know I’m no graphic designer…don’t even show hints of talent.
You know I love a dairy free snack for Monkey. Found this recipe today and whipped it up in no time. Some tips from this end:
- Next time I would add ham for some extra protein and flavour. If I was going to skip the ham then I’d add mixed herbs and maybe seeds…something with more protein. I thought the end result was a little bland. Monkey however thought no such thing and scoffed them down.
- I used SR wholemeal flour and skipped the baking powder
- I used oat milk for our non dairy milk
- I only had frozen corn and peas so I grated carrot and cut up some beans nice and small. Grated zucchini would also be awesome (we didn’t have any to try)
- The mixture will seem very very dense. I was tempted to add more milk but held back and was glad I did. It didn’t need the extra liquid. Continue reading
What’s for dinner at your place tonight? If you are looking for something that is easy to prepare + delicious + healthy then give these rissoles a try. I made them with lamb mince but they’d work just as well with beef or chicken mince. Whatever you have on hand would be a-ok.
They can be dairy free, gluten free AND egg free and STILL DELICIOUS! How awesome is that? My toddler loves them. Click on the pic and it will take you to my recipe post over at the You and Baby blog.