The best way to achieve goals is to make yourself accountable…so I’m doing it. Here they are! The New Year’s Resolutions for 2014.
1. Do everything I can over the year to KEEP my resolutions.
2. Floss teeth – given that I didn’t do it last year I think I should have a crack at it again this year. I’m going for twice a week to begin with and then we’ll work on it from there. I’m getting a step ahead this year and have even researched the best time and way to floss my teeth. Yes, I’m taking this VERY seriously!
3. Meditate – I got slack on the meditation after doing the challenge last year. I started to replace it with running which has worked well but I believe that 2 or 3 sit down seshes a week would be of benefit. OK let’s just say 2.
4. Read more – I’m onto this already and have joined a bookclub! We meet once a month which means 12 books a year. So that’s my goal this year. Read 12 books. CAN’T WAIT.
5. Exercise 6 days per week. It’s going to look something like this:
- Jog x 3 + strength training post jog at home
- Weight sesh at gym 2 days per week – do a double circuit
- Yoga or Pilates x 1 (or whatever else I feel like if that isn’t going to work out)
6. Get published – REGULARLY. What does regularly look like? Hmmmm. Let’s say 6 pieces published for money this year. I was going to say 12 but that feels lofty. I can also get some unpaid published work to puff it out a bit.
7. Expand business – which simply means GET MORE CLIENTS. I am in two minds about this as more work will eventually need to result in Monkey having an extra day per week in daycare and I’m not sure we are ready for that yet but I think we can squeeze one or two more clients in before that needs to happen. Achieving number 6 also impacts this resolution.
8. Create business identity: register business name, have logo and website designed.
9. Be more beautiful. And to get what I mean by that you need to go read this. It’s not what you think.
So that’s that my friends. 9 of the little beauties in the end. Let’s see if I can’t set this year on fire!
I think it’s important to remember that we also need to be flexible within our choices. So where I’ve chosen to create the business identity by doing certain things, it might turn out that things work out another way and those tasks aren’t the right path for me. If I get to the end of the year and have made progress in the business in general then I will be happy.
And for some reason, even though I’m not a pink person, this post simply felt right with all that pink. Don’t know what that is all about but I’m going with it.
Have you got you list all sorted? It’s perfectly OK to start late you know. You don’t miss the boat if you slept through Jan 1. Today is always a good day to begin.
I blog Tuesdays and Thursdays so make sure you pop in and share your thoughts. I love hearing from you!