My brain is aflutter with a gazillion ideas for a blog post today but I can’t seem to settle on just one thing. Just one. And then I remembered…it’s Tuesday! I don’t need to.
Here’s what’s happening.
1. I’ve just typed the number 1 and immediately drawn a blank on the 657, 425 things I wanted to talk about. Perfect.
2. Oh yes, a really important one! Remember how on Sunday I was saying how we all need to lighten up a little this silly season and go a bit easier on ourselves? Well I forgot to say the part where we should also try going a little easier on everyone else as well. In short: chill the fuck out. This is my lesson for the day.
3. I need this lesson because I’m juggling so many balls at the moment and trying to fit so many things into my life that when we were running late for swimming this morning I really yelled, big massive mother of a yell, at my kid. I haven’t done that in so long that I can’t even REMEMBER the last time. Too much pressure.
4. Because of all that I actually allowed myself to have a sleep during Monkey’s nap time today. I haven’t given myself that luxury in so long. Usually I stay awake and try to cram in as many things as humanly possible. Imagine a 4 day weekend away where the only bag you are allowed to take is carry on luggage. That’s what nap time normally looks like around here.
5. We have Monkey’s daycare Christmas party tonight. You know what that means? I’m not cooking dinner. It’s sausage sandwiches for us. YAY!
6. Remember that 25 min run that I did on Sunday that I managed all of 19 mins of? Well I redid it the following day as promised and I made the full 25 mins no problem. I EVEN had juice left in the tank. I can do this.
7. My pace on said run was 10.1 km an hour which gets me to my initial goal of 5kms in under 30 mins. My new goal is 5kms in 25 mins. I’m going to do this.
8. I bribed my kid with lollies today. I told him if he was good at the shops he could have 2 lollies. We had 3 shops to go to including doing parcels at the post office and there were people everywhere. It worked. He got the lollies. Must work on rewards chart idea before all his teeth fall out.
9. I am about the least craft person on the planet. So this, this is me. I love it. Oh and I’m about 50% less tough than her but hey, no need to be picky.
10. Our Christmas break starts this Thursday when we start the 7.5 hour drive down to where my folks live. Last time I did it in two stretches but this time I’m working on being SO organised that we just get up and leave first thing on Thursday morning. I’ll do plenty of stops but aim to do the drive in one day. Will see how we go. Had the small fuck up of the iPad shitting itself this week but it looks like we can borrow Monkey’s dad’s instead. Phew. There’s no way I’d get Monkey in the car for that long without the help of an electronic device. No chance.
And that’s me! Ten thoughts for this Tuesday. Hope it’s a crackin’ one for you.
I blog Tuesdays and Thursdays so don’t forget to tune in!
PLUS don’t forget I’m taking submissions from mamas on bonding with their babies. You can see more about that here.