Well here we are at the end of another busy week. Things have been so crazy around here so if I normally read your posts and comment and have been AWOL then that is why. I wanted to get another post out to you all on Friday but sadly it just didn’t happen. There simply wasn’t enough time.
This weekend we had 3 (yes that’s THREE) birthday parties to attend. I swear Monkey has a much better social life than I could ever hope to have. The parties were so much fun. I know some mums don’t go much on going to them all the time but I really enjoy them. Monkey absolutely loves any opportunity to get out and see his friends and it’s also fun for me to catch up with some awesome mummies too. Winning! Today we got a really special party favour from one of out birthday friends. I was so impressed and also immediately fearful about what I could whip up in a couple of weeks time. Sadly, it won’t be this good but maybe another year.
For those of you who don’t know, as well as being a single mum I am also a part time work at home mum and study at home mum and
then the rest of the time I am a stay at home mum. It’s full on but I wouldn’t have it any other way. Anyway this week the work and study parts have both amped up a bit so I haven’t had the extra time I would like to be blogging. I’ve been thinking about my blogging schedule and have decided that each week I will commit to doing 2 topical posts for you guys (which basically means me banging on about whatever is going on at the time) and then there may be some of the little extras like awards (if I’m lucky enough to receive them) or those awesome postcards that turn up in my mailbox from time to time. Look out for a new one of those this week!
This coming week there will also be a post about my last week of meditation (as of today I am finished the challenge – hooray!) and how I’ve adapted it to suit my life going forward. There will also be something on my most current parenting challenge – hair pulling. It’s been quite the week for this one and I have some great info that seems to be working well for us if anyone is experiencing the same thing.
Now, last but not least, let’s talk about my latest award. Huzzah!
I was lucky enough to receive One Lovely Blog Award from Wild and Wisdom this week. A big thank you goes out to her from me. I am very grateful for the award. You MUST check out her awesome blog. Have a squiz at her About page too. She sounds like a super interesting person and she used to make EYES out of her bare hands! Incredible! Also her recent post So, You Want An Epidural contains fantastic info and is a valuable resource for anyone who thinks they might be in the position to need one of these one day.
Funnily enough, this award has rules so let’s get at ’em.
The rules for accepting the award are as follows…
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- Post the award image in your acceptance post.
- List seven random facts about yourself.
- Nominate others for the award and notify them on their blog.
So here are my 7 random facts. Read ’em and try to not to fall asleep.
1. As I am typing this I am rewarding myself with a nice cool glass of wine. Mummy deserves it after this week.
2. I ate most of the lollies in my son’s party bags this weekend. Whoops. Figured I might as well enjoy it while I can get away with it.
3. My son told me today for the first time EVER that he was happy. My eyes welled with tears.
4. I’ve recently started doing the Couch to 5k run and am loving it.
5. I plan to get up and do a run tomorrow at 6am. Monkey’s dad crashes in the spare room on Sunday nights so he will be here to watch him for half an hour. Don’t worry, I’m not running off and leaving him on his own. Note to self: better not have too much wine or might not run.
6. I am excited to be putting together some Baby Mail this week for my favourite baby store You and Baby. If you are interested in baby stuff and blogs from other mummies and daddies out there then you should totally subscribe to their Baby Mail Newsletter.
7. I am feeling bad that this has turned into a really long post. Sorry!
So in the interest of wrapping things up quickly here are my award winners!
1. The Matt Walsh Blog – for his brilliant post on breastfeeding this week. Even if you don’t follow his blog you MUST read his post. A brilliant post from a dude.
2. Fit Moms and Full Plates – a new find for me and an absolutely brilliant blog for us healthy mamas.
3. The Unexpected Stay At Home Mom – another new find. I found her from her awesome guest post at one of the blogs I follow. Check her out!
4. On the Other Side of the Belly Button – a single woman decides to stop waiting and start living. She is going the parenting route alone. Check in to read her story.
5. Pink Butterflies – check out her post about being scared of girls things now she has a boy. I can totally relate!!
And that about wraps this post up. If you’ve made it to the end then thank you, you are awesome. I hope you’ve all had a great weekend! See you later in the week with more stories.