It’s award time again! Hooray! I actually got this one a few weeks ago but I’ve been a bit naughty and not posted it yet. I’m a little behind on awards posts. Sorry to those awarding them as it makes me seem ungrateful but I totally am not!
I am stoked when I receive any award but I must admit to being super chuffed about this one. I mean, who doesn’t want to be thought of as inspiring ??? What a marvelous compliment. Incidentally did anyone else know that marvelous contains only one L? I did not until the spell checker told me just now. I’m a pretty good speller too. Once in grade 4 I got 100% in a spelling bee so clearly I know my shit when it comes to spelling. So yeah, I can spell and didn’t know about marvelous and the L.
Anyway I’m getting off topic here. I’m tired.
So my award came from the lovely FoolishSageWisdom whose blog I absolutely adore (in bold to emphaise the depths of my adoration folks). Please go over and check her out and read her back catalogue. She’s got some really interesting stuff in there. Also read her About Me page. I really love it. It makes me like her a lot.
So let’s get on with the formalities then.
1. Thank the person who nominated you. – Tick!
2. Add The One Lovely Blog Award / The Very Inspiring Blogger Award to your post. – Tick!
3. Share 7 things about yourself. – Tick! See below.
4. Pass the award on to 10 nominees. – Tick! See below
5. Include this set of rules. – Tick!
6. Inform your nominees by posting a comment on their blogs. – You’ll have to trust me on this but I think you know I have a very good track record.
7 sensational tidbits about me
1. I have a sore throat at the moment which is bugging me
2. I get SO clucky around babies right now. Give me one!
3. The more I write the more I am loving it but I should skip it when I’m tired. The result is clunky.
4. I have some great new friends up here but miss some of my old girlfriends at the moment.
5. The other day I shared a secret with a good friend…and she had the same secret! That was pretty awesome.
6. I have only just learned that you can schedule your wordpress posts and I am SO IN LOVE with this feature.
7. I read wordpress blogs more than I check my facebook now. I’d love to do a related facebook fan page but who the hell has time to run one of those too? Holy moly.
10 Blogs That Inspire Me
Once again I have chosen blogs that I have not previously nominated. It was hard to choose for this category as all the blogs I follow inspire me in some way. That’s why I follow them. So I narrowed it down to the following categories:
- Blogs that are aimed at helping people . Blogging takes quite a bit of time so for people to devote all of that time to generating posts that will help others is pretty awesome.
- Blogs where the journey is one that is particularly challenging. These people provide endless amounts of inspiration to me. They are truly amazing.
Get Up Girl – Tagline on the blog is: Overeducated and underqualified wife to a stroke survivor and mom to a kid with special needs. If this woman is not an inspiration then I don’t know who is.
Save Your Life 101 – I think the blog name says it all! Gabriel is constantly posting and almost always they are posts to help others improve their lives.
Josh’s Journey – Josh is only in the 9th grade and is sharing his experience of surviving chemo and a brain tumor.
Project Light to Life – Christine hopes to do one kind act for someone else/help someone cross off an item from his or her bucket list each time she crosses off several accomplishments on her list.
Herding Cats – Phoebe has 4 kids, one with special needs who will need care for her whole life. She tells their story through this blog. She is a most talented writer.
Lessons from my daughter – Pascale’s daughter was born with the rare Cri du Chat syndrome. All the doctors told her she would do nothing…but they were wrong.
Today’s Manager – A site dedicated to the growth of today’s leaders
The Commonsense Philosopher – I really like James’ website as he sends the message of how connected we all are without speaking like a wanker about it. His writing is direct and to the point. I like it.
Cullen’s Blessings – This is a journal of life after the loss of this mumma’s sweet angel Cullen Liam who was stillborn at 34 weeks on September 11, 2010.
My Year of Sweat – An overweight and unhealthy Nancy pledges to change her life and exercise every day of 2013. This is her inspiring story of how she transformed her life.
Little Jackson Keleher – Walk Talk Fly
I can’t go on about being inspired and not mention this little fella…
If Walk Talk Fly had a blog then I would nominate them too. But they don’t. Little Jackson Keleher captured my heart last year when he was featured on a Sunday night program here in Australia.
Jackson was born a healthy little boy but tragically, some hours after his birth, stopped breathing for quite a lengthy amount of time. No one knows why. This incident left Jackson with considerable brain damage. The Doctors told Jackson’s parents that he had quadriplegic Cerebral Paulsy and would never stand, walk or talk.
Jackon’s dad wasn’t having any of it and gave up everything to be with his son and put him through various different therapies every single day of his life. Jackson is now 3 and he walks!!! There is still a ways to go and the journey is one of a lifetime but holy moly, they have come SO FAR.
Anytime I’m having a hard day a Jackson update seems to magically appear in my feed and I think what the hell am I complaining about. You can check out his story and follow the facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/walktalkfly.
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (asouldrivenmind.wordpress.com)
- My Turn at the Liebster Award Podium (frontporchesandcandlelight.wordpress.com)
- My 2nd “Inspiring Blog Award”:-) (sarahpotterwrites.wordpress.com)
- Amazing! Nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger award!! (droppedpebbles.wordpress.com)
- Very Inspiring Blogger Award (redhenrun.wordpress.com)