*Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeal* I got another blogging award! I almost want to put on a fabulous party dress and pop the bottle of champers in the cupboard.
I really love these awards created by the wonderful blogging community that I am only now discovering. The blogger (that’s me!) gets to feel a bit excited that not only is someone actually reading their blog but they also thought it was good enough to admit to it and show your link on their awesome blog. I think that’s pretty freaking marvelous. PLUS it is a great way for others to get recommendations on blogs to check out. I figure if I like someone’s writing style and enjoy their blog then there is a good chance I will also like the things they have recommended. WINNING!
So my award today comes from the lovely Gabriel over at Shape Your Life 101. He brings his substantial readership such worthwhile information on neuro linguistic programming, self improvement and dating (and I’m talking about serious and brave stuff like “what women really want” and the like) just to name a few. The thing I admire most about Gabriel’s blog is that he has devoted all of his time to helping others get the most out of life. That is such a selfless task. Especially compared to my completely self indulgent blog that is all about me and what I think about everything. So Gabriel, thank so much for the award. You have no idea how pleased I was to receive it!
Of course these awards always come with rules. Here they are:
1. Thank the Super Sweet Blogger that nominated you. TICK
2. Answer 5 Super Sweet questions. SEE BELOW
3. Include the Super Sweet Blogging Award in your blog post TICK
4. Nominate a baker’s dozen (13) other deserving bloggers. SEE BELOW
5. Notify your Super Sweet nominees on their blog. YOU’LL JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE I DID THIS ONE
5 SUPER SWEET QUESTIONS
1. Cookies or Cake? Both? Cake
2. Chocolate or Vanilla? Chocolate, without a doubt. Vanilla always seems so, well, vanilla.
3. Favorite Sweet Treat? Something involving real caramel.
4. When Do You Crave Sweet Things The Most? When I’m pregnant
5. Sweet Nick Name? Hmmm I have been a honey in the past but I don’ t have one (a honey to be a honey) at the moment
13 NOMINEES FOR THIS SUPER SWEET AWARD
1. The Aventures of Fanny P – Miss Fanny has been getting a lot of awards lately and it is well deserved. I love her writing. She is super funny too!
2. Brooke’s Voice – I don’t want to spoil it for you so can’t tell you much about this blog except to say it is beautiful and very moving.
3. Accidental Stepmom – this woman went from having zero kids to being the custodial step parent of 5 kids. Needless to say she has plenty of interesting stories to share!
4. Spilled Milk & Skinned Knees – a blog by another single mum. She shares cute stories about her little boy that I really enjoy. She also includes some awesome sketches in her recent blogs.
5. Bite My Blog – a freaking awesome foody blog.
6. Foolish Sage Wisdom – the woman that writes the blog comes across as having such a beautiful nature. She has some great stuff on there for dealing with stress and living a healthy balanced life. I really really love this blog.
7. J9sOpinion – another one that writes with great humour. One of my favourite writing styles here. I’m a big fan of this blog.
8. I have an opinion I’d like to share – this chicky also writes with great humour and she’s not short of an opinion. I love an opinionated blogger. She inspires me to up the ante!
9. The Gratitudenist – sometimes I need reminding about gratitude to be honest and this blog helps me. Plus she writes spectacularly. AND when I went over to her site just now to let her know I’d nominated her for an award (see told you I was telling them) I noticed that my blog was on her Grateful for These Blogs list. I had no idea! She made my day!
10. From 2 to 3 kids – Rose is detoxing her world and documenting her struggle to have a third child. I love her honesty. Her writing is fresh and brave.
11. Baby Take Two – more fabulous, fresh and humourous writing. Love it!
12. Louis and Mel – great comics from the very talented Dr Fuzz! They brighten my day!
13. Fried, Scrambled, Fertilized – more fresh, honest and brave writing. She throws a bit of humour in too. A great blog about fertility after 40.
So there you have it, my baker’s dozen. Pay them all a visit. They are truly worth it.